Spouse open work permit

Are immediate family members allowed to travel along with students i.e Spouse or children? Is it recommended?

Spouse open workpermit :

Yes, you are allowed to bring your spouse or common-law partner, and dependent children, with you to Canada. They may be eligible for a study or work permit, or a visitor visa. You must submit their applications online when you apply for your study permit or you can invite them later once you land in Canada and start studying.

According to the new updates from IRCC, Only spouses of study permit holders who are eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) may apply for the spousal open work permit.

For Example: Dorain is a married student applying alone for an MBA program and only upon receiving the visa, he was able to apply for the spouse open work permit.

Related Articles


Your email address will not be published.